Seyidoğlu Mulberry Molasses (Dut Pekmezi) - 14oz
Molasses, or black treacle (British, for human consumption; known as molasses otherwise), is a viscous by-product of the refining of sugarcane or sugar beets into sugar. Molasses varies by amount of sugar, method of extraction, and age of plant.
Sweet sorghum syrup may be colloquially called "sorghum molasses" in the southern United States.
Molasses can be used:
• In dark rye breads or other whole grain breads
• In some cookies and pies
• In barbecue sauces
• In beer styles such as stouts and porters
• The principal ingredient in the distillation of rum
• As a humectant in jerky processing
• An iron supplement
• An additive in livestock feeds
• An ingredient in fishing groundbait
• A source for yeast production
• The main ingredient in the production of citric acid
• An additive in tobacco smoked in a hookah, shisha, or narghile (found in the brands The King, Al Fakher Tobacco, Cedars Tobacco, Mazaya, Nakhla, Tangiers, Salloum, and Hookafina Blak)