Producer / Artist: Mert Material: Stainless Steel Dimensions: H 10"
In stock; usually ships out in 1 business day.
Please enter quantity:
Turkish Traditional Stainless Steel Tea Pot Set-MEDIUM (MERT Çaydanlık - ORTA BOY)
A çaydanlık is a tea kettle designed specifically to make Turkish tea. The lower part is used to boil the water and the upper part, called demlik is used for the concentrated tea. The body is traditionally made of brass or copper, occasionally also silver or gold. Though, recently, çaydanlık is also made from stainless steel, aluminium, or ceramics with plastic, steel or aluminium handles.
Tea is poured first from the 'demlik' and then diluted to the desired level with plain boiling water from the lower tea kettle.
Mert brand Tea Pot Set comes with two lids, one for the bottom kettle, one for the top kettle.
Measure a dessert spoon of Turkish Tea per person per tea cup
Add enough water to the large kettle based on how many cups you plan to serve
1) To make the Turkish black tea like the Turks do you will need a teamaker with two kettles of different sizes. Fill the large kettle with water and place it on the stove.
2) Add the black Turkish tea on the small kettle and place in over the large one. Please note that there is no water in the small kettle at this time.
3) Bring the water to a boil. Add a portion of the boiling water (1/3rd) to the small kettle at this time.
4) Lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes for the tea to cook to the right consistency
5) Using Turkish Tea cups, serve the tea by pouring about 1/3rd from the top kettle and filling the rest with hot water. This ratio totally depends on your taste and can be adjusted. Use sugar to taste.
Just to confirm receipt of the "Of...Of... Gulsen" CD in good order. Actually, it arrived two days ago, but I haven't had a chance to write and let you know. This was my first order with Tulumba. I was very impressed with the selection of music, etc., the quality of merchandise and service and last, but not least, the super fast shipment of my Order. I'll be back - many thanks!
Kathryn M. Munin; Florida, USA - Friday, February 18, 2005